Thursday, December 9, 2010

Website

I created this website to help fourth-grade students meet their Ohio curriculum requirements for history. It is intended to supplement their studies about Ohio’s prehistoric peoples, frontier wars, canals and inventors. The site includes original content, links to additional material and gives students the opportunity to interact by posting their own comments and creating their own pages that could contain puzzles, games and other material.

I built the site using iWeb on a Mac, which was pretty easy to use. I like the blog feature for students to "think" and respond, and then be able to read other students' responses. It is a big job to do all parts of a website by yourself. I found adding the content to be challenging. I think this is because I don't teach regularly and was concentrating on the technology aspects of the website. I feel proud to have accomplished this!

No comments:

Post a Comment